Sunday, August 14, 2005

Good bye my lovely Nike shoes



Good bye my lovely Nike shoes

I bought this Nike shoes 2.5 years a go, when I was motivated to keep healthy life style by doing regular exercise.
I really wanted to do exercise at gym, at least one hour, 3x a week. Then I started to look for fitness center in my area, either close to my office or home, then I did comparison based – on priority matrix. I put some criteria there : location, facilities, cost and view. Then my decision was I chose Life Spa at Kristal Hotel. Why ? Its location is close to my office and home, and on the way to the office and home. It’s expensive membership, therefore it will motivate me to regularly come to gym, coz I’ve spent high investment on that (I didn’t choose cheap membership, because sometimes we couldn’t appreciate thing that we can afford it easily, and it will not uplift my motivation, coz we think, if we are absent, nothing to loose).

Became a member of a good fitness center, motivated me to regularly come in the morning, at 6.30 pm, ended my exercise at 7.30 pm, and continue after office hours, from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm. It looks like overhead cost, the more we absorbed in more visits to gym, the less cost we spent for each visit.
This Nike shoes being my favorite shoes, to accompany me doing any activity at gym, from cardio, muscle, body shape exercise,… etc. This Nike never complained me for being tired. For some reasons, my perseverance to do exercise at gym became less and less. From 5 x a week, became 4 x a week, 3x a week, and when I was assigned in a project that forced me to travel to east Java, then in one month I only did exercise 4x a month (ooh,. I couldn’t get BEP !!) .

Eventually, in the middle of 2004, I decided to stop my membership due to I was too busy with my work. Then my Nike shoes was put in my shoes rack for a long time.
Lately, in 2005 I started to do exercise, jogging once a week. And my Nike looked like OK with that.

Today, when I did walking tour d’kampoeng nearby my house - to take pictures of the other side of Betawi’s kampoeng - my shoes started to damage. It was heavy rainy last night. My sole shoes was stick in the heavy soil. And it became disaster when both left and right sole shoes completely damaged !! It looked like Mentos ad on TV !!

Can you imagine that my tour d kampoeng became most expensive tour, as my Nike became victim !! If my shoes can talk, maybe it is the way to express its disappointed feeling, coz my shoes had been downgraded from accompanying me to do exercise at very good gym at 4 stars hotel, then do exercise at kampong.

BNI, Aug 14, 2005
08.45 am

No comments: