Tuesday, June 26, 2007

MY INNER VOICE : LEADS TO A SIMPLE LIFE


Time to take a break and deep breathe,
Keep away from all noisy, distraction, and silly request
Slow down my pace by doing nothing,
Relaxing my mind, eyes and ears.

Try to escape from all ‘instant wish list’ :
Vacation to Europe, revisit Macca for 2nd umroh, latest fashion clothes,
mini lin LV bag, and many other things…
Asking myself whether I really need it,
Or just want it cause it’s nice to have ?
Do I feel happier after I own these goods ?
Do I feel full of energy after doing umroh ?
Do I have room in my closet for more outfits ?
Do I succeed to escape negative emotions with the way I do
in the name of consumerism culture ?

My inner voice shouted :
I’ll gain more deep satisfaction for giving money - I used to spend
for my silly wish list -, to unfortunate people, poor kids,
who don’t know how to earn money to buy food,
who have no future to get better education

My inner voice sang :
Truly happiness is inside ourselves
When we find peaceful mind
When we have deeper appreciation
for every small pleasure remains :
the taste of healthy food,
the smell of yellow cananga’s good scent
the abundance of warm sunshine
I can feel the touch of God, my truly Khalik..

BNI – June 26’07
06.15 am

No comments: